In 1999 a new landmark set its roots in the heart of Little Havana. It's Little Havana To Go the charming little store that promotes Cuban culture with its delightful array of Cuban Memorabilia.The store is an important spice in the tasty dish that is Little Havana, and it has become its official souvenir store, specializing in Cuban art, music, books clothing, as well as traditional items such as dominoes, coffee makers and fine cigars. Even some savory Cuban foods have found their home in this cultural haven that has won the admiration of locals and tourists alike.
Description:Cuba name printed
Description:Little Havana Cigar
Description:Cubanito Spining Top
Description:Havana name printed
Description:Universidad de la Habana
Description:Little Havana Miami Florida
Description:Afro Latino Putumayo
Description:Celia Cruz The Beginning
Description:Domino Double 9
Description:Letter Opener Coat of Arms
Description:Bell Ceramic Cuban Flag
Description:Historia de Cuba
Description:Cook Book Old Havana
Description:Revista El Comico Tres Patines
Description:Historia de Cuba
Address: S.W. 15th Avenue and 8th Street.
Year Built: 2004
Osvaldo J. Perez R.A./ Laura Llerena & Associates Inc./ Jose R. Casanova Jr.
Urban plaza adjacent to Domino Park with wall mural, over sized domino game, tinajones, and colorful undulating paving pattern.
Address: 1100 S.W. 8th Street.
Year Built: Storefronts tracing their origins to 1935
The largest hand rolled cigar company in Miami-Dade County, El Credito traces its origins to Cuba in 1907. The same Perez-Carillo family operates the business today in a complex of Art Deco-styled buildings. Clients include or have included President Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby, and Robert Goulet.
Address: 1444 S.W. 8th Street
Year Built: 1976
Characteristics / Remarks:
Named after Dominican-born General Maximo Gomez. Mostly elder Cuban men meet daily to play dominos and chess. A mural of Central, South America and Caribbean presidents was painted at the time of the Summit of The Americas in 1994.
Address: SW 13th Avenue from SW 8th to 10th Street
Year Built: 1971
Landscape Architect/Planner: Albert Perez / Jose R. Casanova, Jr.
The Torch of Brigade 2506, the centerpiece of the plaza, was placed there at the same time, and it memorializes the 104 men of Brigade 2506, and four American pilots killed in the ill-fated Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba, April 17, 1961. Important area for Cuban exile political demonstrations. The Statue of the Virgin Mary was placed there in the mid-1980’s, the map of Cuba in 1979, and a monument of Nestor “Tony” Izquierdo in 1992. Izquierdo, a former Bay of Pigs prisoner, who lost his life fighting with the Somoza’s forces against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. The Plaza contains the bust of Major General Antonio Maceo created in 1975, by Hispanic chapter of VFW Post; the bust was executed by sculptor Tony Lopez. VFW honors Maceo, a Cuban freedom fighter killed in the 1890s, every December 7, the date of his death.The torch was created in the early 1980s, and was moved to its present location from today’s Jorge Mas Canosa Park in another part of East Little Havana. When a recently released prisoner arrives there, his arrival is usually accompanied by a ceremony near the torch.